First Class of the Semester Introduction

 Hi all! 

My name is Lena and I am from Philadelphia, PA. I am a very adventurous person as I am always up for trying new things and going to new places. I love to travel and plan on going on a backpacking trip through Europe when I graduate. I am also an avid plant lover who worked the Philadelphia Flower Show over the summer (the second-largest plant show in the world). An interesting fact about me is that when I was a junior in high school I helped build a school in Nepal with a non-profit organization called buildOn. Since I have come to Tampa for University I have also gotten more into Dragon boating as I have joined the local club Tampa Bay Dragon Boat Club after having raced with Philadelphia Flying Pheonix in both their youth and premier teams. 

I was definitely scared going into the first day of class as one of my friends took it last semester and ultimately dropped out after the second week. Since everything was hybrid last semester I saw her struggling in the class and trying to figure out the assignments for hours on end every day. Knowing what she had to do definitely had me worried because I know I'm not going to be much better. After the first class, however, I feel a little better because I have more knowledge of what will exactly happen in the class. I also feel more comfortable that the class is fully in person since that means more time with the professor and really getting to see how things should be done. 

Some things I expect from this class will have to be a better knowledge of digital media. I know I am not too familiar with everything that we will be using so I am happy that I will get to learn how to use it. This knowledge will definitely help me in whatever specific career I choose when I graduate. being able to create websites and other digital aspects will definitely also be good just to have knowledge of as our society is digitally heavy. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere Project

Business Cards

Autoscopy